Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Moby- South Side



2001 was a strange time I was working in Toledo and had been there for two years. I was starting to get the itch and wanted out and little did I know I still had a full year to go. The Detroit/Canadian rock station was playing this song in heavy rotation and I would pop around the Toledo market singing South Side. I bought the single on a trip to Bowling Green, I was working with a reporter by the name of Dewayne Walker and created a method of reporter that had the story finished in under an hour. That left us about three hours in the wind and the station couldn't touch us "we were working on our story." We ended up at Finders listening to music. I found the single for South Side.

As we were wrapping up our purchases we finally get a call, there is "flooding" and we needed to find it. I had the only car in our fleet with a CD player and we listened to new music as we kept looking for this flooding. Oddly enough the flooding was on the South Side.

No comments:

Post a Comment