Monday, May 17, 2010

Spice Girls- Wanna Be

The Spice Girls are not in my musical wheel house. If you want to keep the baseball references going this is a wild pitch Rick Vaughn style. But I think the Spice Girl permeated everyone's lives, even if we didn't want them in it. Once example is a road in Ohio named Spiceland and every time I passed it I had to make a bad joke about the Spice Girls.

This is more than just about bad road puns, it's about Rodgers Hall at Bowling Green State University and my roommate Shorty. He's 6"10' get it, it's because he's tall, I digress. We were sitting in our dorm room watching a request show on MTV. The English host read the request and it was for some group called the Spice Girls. We watch the video and kind of laughed, we thought an obscure some from the 80s. The video quality appeared to be old and we thought we'd never hear the song again. A week later it was freaking everywhere. We finally realized that this was a new group and it was not played as a joke.

It felt like the Spice Girls did take over the world and there was nothing we could to to avoid it. Before we knew it there was a movie and one was in Playboy. It was a whirlwind that destroyed everything in it's path, I even think Shorty bought the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment