Monday, May 24, 2010

Sarah McLachlan- Possession

I'm probably the only person in the world that was introduced to Sarah McLachlan through Taco Bell. Yes, go back and read that again... Taco Bell. You see back when I was in high school the most progressive radio station was WKEE FM and it played pop music. The other option was MTV but this was the time music videos were starting to be pushed a side.

While at the Taco Bell in Ironton they were selling a CD entitled Do Something, I have no clue what it was for now but it was a charity and I think Andrew Shue was involved. It was a pretty good CD and I still have the disc today. My favorite song on Taco Bell CD was Possession. I had never heard anything that sounded like that and I am a sucker for a female singer, still am today. Have a decent rock sound with a female lead and I am in as a fan for life. As I continue on I met a cool chick while working at a Ponderosa Steakhouse and Buffet in Russell, Ky.

Tiffany hung out and we both loved Sarah McLachlan. I even went to Lillith Faire, don't you judge me! I got to see Sarah McLachlan, Jewel and another band I loved called Luscious Jackson. Even beyond Tiffany my college friend Sara (I know, same name but different spelling... follow along) traveled to Toledo to see her perform. McLachlan has had a rep of being a "chick" musician and it sucks for guys like me. I have to deal with guys judging me even though I went to concerts filled with women. Sarah McLachlan is very talented and stop judging guys you enjoy her sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment