Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Rage Against The Machine- Killing In The Name Off

I was walking across the Ironton High School stage when I was stopped by friend named Matt. We had a friend attending Ohio University and gave him a CD I had to listen to. He made me put on the dead phones and 40 seconds in my face changes and I hear Zack De La Rockha scream killing in the name of and this wave of sound pummels me. I had never heard anything like this. Sure grunge was around and I was into Nirvana and Green Day but this was pure anger and aggression. Nothing I heard sounded like this, bands like Linkin Park were almost a decade away. This was anti everything and as teenagers my friends and I hate it up like it was pudding. I didn't know who Leonard Peltier was or what the Rage was so upset about, but railed against the man and I was for that. Just like millions of other teenagers I bought this album and more like it.

Of course I grew out of this phase, but every once in a while when I get a little frustrated a good Rage Against The Machine song will angry up the blood and feel like taking on the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment