Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Seven Nations- Up To Me

One of the music styles that I am no where near the main stream is Celtic rock. You may ask what the hell is Celtic rock? Well it's rock n' roll with a fiddle or bagpipes and in the case of Seven Nations it's both! The way it works, or at least the way I think it works, the fiddle acts as the rhythm guitar in the group and the bagpipes equals a keyboard or if you want to go all nerd rock, a keytar.

How in the world did I get into Seven Nations? I have to thank my friend Nancy whom I met working at the Bob Evan's in Ashland Kentucky. She had room mates that had brothers in the Celtic games and the room mate Steph E knew Seven Nations. They bought me a CD when I visited them in Lexington and from that time forward I have enjoyed the bagpipes in a rock band.

My memory flashbacks do not stop there, while working with a reporter in Raleigh, NC (who we shall call Serg). He enjoyed my slightly off main stream musical sense but never could figure out my Cletic rock infatuation. He didn't hate it but I loved playing it just to get a reaction out of him. Most days the iPod just would randomly play Seven Nations every time he was in the truck. Of course if it was near St Patrick's Day it was Seven Nations all the time. Serg preferred not to work with me on that day.

2 comments:

  1. Weren't they play when we went to the Renaissance fair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that group, Seven Nations doesn't wear kilts

    ReplyDelete