Friday, May 21, 2010

Skee Lo- I Wish



How recent do I have a recollection of this song? I was in Chicago a week ago at the Hard Rock Hotel. What do I hear in the lobby, I Wish. I immediately said, "Is that Skee-lo?" Of course all the suits at the Bio Conference waiting for the elevator had no clue what I was talking about.

1994 you had gangsta rap every where but every once in a while something different and a little od. Skee Lo's I Wish fit that to a tee. This is one of the few rap that I know most of the words and will use the lyrics in my Facebook status just to see who know the song.

Once I was in college I let this song fall to the way side but nostalgia would catch up to me and as I worked in Columbus, Oh in the early 2000s I Wish would re-enter my life. Even as I moved to Raleigh I would find others that enjoy the lyric mastery of I Wish like "Ah yes, ain't this fresh, everybody wanna get down with that." Oh Skee-Lo I shall never forget your skills and fresh rhythms ever again.

1 comment: